Saturday, May 17, 2014

Communication Activity for Week 2


           The movie that I watched that I had not previously viewed was Love and Basketball.  This movie show cased several characters and they all had various relationships which were from happy to sad, excited to not so excited, and from being in love as teens to breaking up and getting back together as adults.  From the way they communicated you could tell that the characters relationships were based on love and trust in one instance.  The two that I will discuss are the two children that grew up as friends and then become a couple before they left high school. 
 
            I believe that they felt and expressed love for each other based on their nonverbal behavior.  At first they showed that they did not like each other.  This was evident by the frowning that they did to each other.  They did not say this verbally but they did fight and look at each other while talking with their eyes to one another.  After watching the movie with the sound on my interpretations to my surprise was correct.  The two children actually loved each other even though they never said it verbally.  They actually showed friendship and unity in nonverbal ways. 
 
            I believe that my assumptions could be more correct if it was a movie that I had previously viewed.  Even though my interpretations were basically correct for this movie, I believe that with each movie or real situation that were either watch or encounter we can communicate without using verbal cues.  When the sound was turned down, I depended on the facial expressions to assist me with determining what was going on in the movie.

           This exercise was very helpful to me because t gave me the opportunity to look at the verbal and nonverbal side of communication.

 

1 comment:

  1. Love and Basketball is a good movie. You are right you could see the love they had for one another just by looking at their expressions and then you could tell when they really weren't feeling each other as well. Good post!!

    ReplyDelete