Thursday, March 21, 2013

Personal Childhood Web



My Mother and I                                                             Miss MVSU 2010-2011
My Rock!!!!!!                                                                  Dream Accomplished


My Cousin Abe
Love Him to Death

My Grandfather Robert Williams, Sr.
My Love RIP!

My Best friend Jamiliah
My Ride or Die Chich


Caleb, Cassie Carter (Godmother) and Terica
My reason for reading!!!!!!!!!!

My mother, Carla Williams, is the most influential person in my life.  She has been the wind beneath my wings for my entire life.  She has instilled in me that success is equal to hard work.  She has shown me love, support, and encouragement throughout my life.  She believed in a child being well disciplined and she did not spare the rod.  It may not have happened often but if there was a reason for a spanking I got it.  She is very affectionate and she always let me knew that she loved me.   I truly believe that my mother should get all the credit for instilling great morals and values in me.
My Grandfather, Robert Williams, Sr. was the best grandfather a girl could ask for.  Of course he spoiled me and gave me treats, money, etc.  But he showed me love.  He paid for my lunch at school each week and he would pick me up whenever my mom needed him to.  We shared the gift of music together.  He could really sing and that trait he passed on to me.  He has passed on now but his memories are imbedded deep in my heart.  He was influential in me getting up before a crowd to sing. 
My cousin, Abe McGlothin, Jr. is a constant influential factor in my life.  He is just a bit older that I am but he is wise beyond his years.  He has completed law school and is now the Assistant District Attorney in my home town.  He pushes me to become the best that I can be.  It is because of him that I decided to apply for Graduate School.  I was going to take a break and apply later.  His reply was time waits for no one.  Do it now and get it over with.  I am so thankful for him to be a part of my family. 
My best friend Jamiliah Perkins has been very influential in my life since I can remember.  We have been friends since Pre-kindergarten.  She was always a straight A student and she pushed me and tutored me in math whenever I needed her.  She never allowed me to become negative around her.  She was always courteous, dedicated, and willing to take on new challenges.  She inspired me to do the same.  I am grateful to still have her whenever she can break away from her busy schedule.  She is in Medical school to become a Medical Doctor. 
My Godmother Cassie B. Carter is a lot like my biological mother.  She is soft spoken with a big heart.  She has been influential in pushing me at an early age to read.  She would take me to the library to check out books to read all the time.  She didn’t just let you read but you had to discuss your books with her.  This was her way of making sure you read the books.  She influenced my reading comprehension skills at a very early age.  She nurtured me and loved me just like I was her own daughter.
All of these people have influenced my life by being good role models.  They have all shown genuine love and concern for me and my future.  Each day I am faced with challenges that they have told me I would face and it is so much easier because they not only taught me about challenges, but they taught me to face them head on.  I am so happy that I have these entire influential people still a part of my life today with the exception of my Grandfather.   


2 comments:

  1. Kiara,
    I have enjoyed reading your blog. It looks like you have had a lot of good people in your life to help support you in your decisions. I love every word of you loving and caring family. Great post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charity for your words of encouragement. I have much love and respect for my family and friends because they have always been good role models and I just love the unconditional love that they all have. I am wondering why I am not getting any post to my blog. I guess I will have to contact my colleagues to make sure they have the correct blog address.

      Delete