Saturday, October 26, 2013

Week 8 Final Blog Issues and Trends in the Early Childhood Field


Week 8 Final Blog Issues and Trends in the Early Childhood Field

            I have fostered and shared my professional growth by listening to podcasts and exploring websites pertaining to Early Childhood Education.  I have even gained knowledge from reading my colleagues blog links concerning Early Childhood Education in international countries.  There are several consequences of learning about the international Early Childhood field.  My personal and professional development has been enhanced by reading articles from the websites of Save the Children.  I have gained so much knowledge from the issues in Africa such as poverty, stunting, malaria, and HIV.  All of these issues have changed my personal perspective of children in Africa.  These issues have shown me that our government and our nation are in a better predicament than that of Africa.  Even though poverty exist in the United States we are far better off than in Africa. 
            The second consequence is that most of the international countries that my colleagues have shared information on in their blogs share some of the exact goals, and mission statements in the field of Early Childhood Education as that of the United States.  Some of the countries are also a little different because that put more emphasis on investing in their programs of Early Childhood Education.  They invest because they expect great returns in the future.   The last consequence of learning about the international Early Childhood Education field is that I can now bring or raise awareness to other Early Childhood Education professionals about the importance of Early Childhood Education in other countries and how we can advocate to our policy makers to bring our standards of our own Early Childhood Education programs to meet the standards of the international countries.  In other words we can advocate to receive better funding for our Early Childhood Education programs so that we can compete with the international countries around the globe.

            The one goal that I hope for is that we will all learn from each other and that we will collaborate together to advocate for better standards and more high quality programs that will improve our young children’s growth and development so that they may reach their full potential and become productive citizens no matter what part of the world they live in.

           

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Kiara,
    I enjoyed reading your blog each week. As we approach another class I truly hope that we can continue to learn from another as well as collaborate and ways to enhance the needs in the Early Childhood field. This class has truly been a learning experience and apart of me wishes it was not ending. I do agree that everyone should begin raising awareness about policies and standards within the early childhood field. It's time out for people minding their own business, being shy, and embarrass. I really feel that policy makers need to know what is happening on a day to day basis. Children are so important. All their needs should be met. Together we can create change and I truly believe that hunger, poverty, equity and excellence issues will be eliminated...Hope to see you in the next class....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiara, I really enjoyed your blog over the past eight weeks. You have shared some really great information about Africa and the state of early childhood there. Thank you for all the hard work you put into researching and writing. I really appreciate your dedication to early childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aloha Kiara,

    I have enjoyed reading your blogs and I hope that we can collaborate in the future to create high quality programs for our young children and their families. Advocating for funding is definitely important for our children so we can work on better policies and standards that can help all our children.

    - Bryce Tano

    ReplyDelete